When it comes to 3-month-old baby pictures, one of the baby milestones, there are a few things you can do to ensure they turn out beautifully. You might have had maternity and newborn images done by a professional photographer and you think you can make baby’s monthly pictures alone. You can try to do these images at your home yourself. If you think it is a too hard job, you can still hire a trusted experienced baby or family photographer. For baby’s monthly pictures, both should be a fun experience. You can get creative monthly baby photo ideas from social media sites.
1. Light & Locations
When it comes to taking pictures of your 3-month-old baby, lighting and location are key. You can create monthly photos to capture your baby’s growth. Here are some tips to help you capture those sweet moments:
- If you don’t have any equipment, the best lighting is Natural light, which is always best to create great shots. It is a great way to take your pictures near a window or outdoors. The soft, natural light will make your baby’s skin and little details look beautiful.
- Avoid using flash. Lot of time the flash can be harsh and startle your baby. If you must use flash, try diffusing it with a sheet of tissue paper or using a reflector to bounce the light back onto your baby’s face.
- Get down on their level. Eye contact is important. Babies are small, so get down on the floor or ground so you’re at their eye level. This will help you capture their expressions more easily.
- New moms always come up with adorable ideas. During a baby photo shoot good thing to use a simple backdrop, to highlight the baby and create a cute photo.
2. Capture The Details
There are so many sweet details to 3-month-old babies that it can be hard to know where to start when trying to capture them all in photographs. Here are a few tips:
- Get close! Use a macro lens or get in close with a standard lens to really capture all the tiny details like eyelashes, toes, and fingers.
- Use props! Wrapping a baby in a blanket or using a soft toy as part of the composition can add interest and contrast. Just make sure the props don’t overwhelm or cover up too much of the baby.
- Incorporate color! Whether it’s through clothing, blankets, toys, or even the background, adding color can really make the photos pop. Just be careful not to use too many colors as that can be overwhelming.
- Be patient! Try to come up with fun ideas.
3. Tummy Time
Tummy time is an essential part of your baby’s development and is one of my favorite poses. It is not just a great idea for monthly milestones images, but also this pose gives them the opportunity to develop their head, neck, and shoulder muscles, as well as aiding in the prevention of flat head syndrome.
It is advisable to get down on their level – get comfy on the floor so you’re at eye level with your baby. This will make them feel more relaxed and comfortable. Use props – pillows, cushions, or even a rolled-up blanket can help prop up your baby and make tummy time more enjoyable for them. Make it fun – sing songs, play peek-a-boo or give them a toy to focus on to help make tummy time more fun for both of you!
4. Take baby pictures in Bassinet
A bassinet is a perfect place to take pictures of your 3-month-old baby. The sides of the bassinet will help keep your baby safe and secure while you take pictures. You can also use a soft blanket or towel to prop up your baby’s head if you like. Get down on the floor next to the bassinet so you’re at eye level with your baby. This will help you capture their sweet face in the photo.
Use natural light for monthly baby photos- Take advantage of natural light by placing the bassinet near a window. The soft light will make for beautiful pictures.
Capture their personality – Try to capture your baby’s personality in the photos. Their facial expressions, highlighted by the baby’s eyes can create cute pictures.
5. Vary Your Angles
It’s important to remember to vary your angles when taking pictures of your 3-month-old baby. Get down on their level, and take pictures from above and from the side. Try different vantage points to get a variety of shots. Get close-up shots of their little hands and feet, as well as full-body shots. Include some photos of them with family members and friends. And don’t forget to capture those sweet moments when they’re sleeping or laughing. By varying your angles, you’ll end up with a collection of beautiful photos that you’ll cherish for years to come.
Three-month-old Baby Girl during her Baby Photo Session in Manchester
6. Sibling Shots
As your baby grows, so does the number of photo opportunities. At around 3 months old, most babies are able to sit up with support and will likely have at least a few teeth. This is a perfect time to start taking pictures of your little one with their older sibling. Here are a few tips to get the best sibling shots:
- When you are doing monthly baby pictures, try to make it fun, so your siblings can be in a good mood and have a wonderful time.
- Get down on their level – get down on the ground or use a stool to be at eye-level with your kids. This will help them feel more comfortable and make for more natural-looking photos.
- Use props – a pillow, favorite blanket, and stuffed animal can help provide support for wobbly sitters, the best way to add interest to the photo.
- Let them interact – rather than posed shots, try to capture moments of interaction between siblings
7. Lifestyle images
There is nothing sweeter than the innocence of a 3-month-old baby. You can easily capture those precious lifestyle moments with your baby. Let them be themselves. Capturing your baby’s personality is what these photos are all about. Don’t try to pose them or force them to smile – let them be natural and relaxed, and the best shots will come naturally. Always a good idea to plan the shoot around the baby’s naptime. An unrested or hungry baby can be really challenging, especially at this age, which can ruin family photos.
The perfect way to capture everyday moments is Lifestyle photography, which isn’t formally posed, but more guided posing. A relaxed unobtrusive approach to photographing your loved ones and family at the moment. You can find great 3 month baby photoshoot ideas on Pinterest or Facebook. Try to capture your little one’s first steps or just the day moments of your happy baby, lifestyle images will be always timeless, that you can cherish forever.
In conclusion, it can be great fun but also can also be challenging to take pictures of your little baby at home. It is worth investing in professional photographers because they can help you capture memories, tell a story, and preserve your legacy. A baby photographer is someone who not only takes great pictures but also has the experience and expertise to make your photos look their best. They will work with you to create a custom photo shoot that captures your unique personality and style. So if you are looking for someone to help you create lasting memories, a professional photographer is the way to go. Professional photographers in Manchester come in all sizes and shapes. Whether you are looking for a photographer to capture great pictures of your children or grandchildren, you have a wide choice, but to choose the best fit for you, it is worth checking their portfolio.
I love creating family portraits, newborn photos, and first birthday images.
Other Posts You may like
Oh, how time flies! Your baby's first birthday is approaching and what better way to celebrate than with a fun and messy cake smash photoshoot. Picture this: your little one, with frosting smeared all over their face, grinning from ear to ear. It's a joyous occasion...
Each year, on a child's first birthday, parents around the world celebrate by smashing a cake into their child's face. While this may seem like a messy and chaotic way to celebrate, it's actually quite a lot of fun - for both the parents and the child. Cake smash...
Cake smash session with ciaCake smash photography in Manchester, Cheshire and beyond Cake smash is getting more and more popular. Celebrate your little one with a full of fun session in my studio in Manchester. Let me show you what is happening during a cake smash...